[3830] MnQP AE0EE(@K0BBC/R) Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MnQP AE0EE(@K0BBC/R) Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2023 04:32:42 +0000
                    Minnesota QSO Party - 2023

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: K0BBC/R

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

   40:     192
   20:     898
-------------------------
Total:    1090       0  Mults = 66  Total Score = 143,748

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

100 W, hamsticks, keyed mostly by F-keys (which is more difficult than it may
seem when bouncing around on a county road or less-maintained state highway).

Matt (K0BBC, driving) and I visited 23 counties: Rock, Pipestone, Murray, Lyon,
Lincoln, Yellow Medicine, Lac qui Parle, Chippewa, Kandiyohi, Renville, Redwood,
Brown, Nicollet (~2 miles), Renville Part 2, Sibley, Nicollet Part 2, Blue
Earth, Waseca, Steele, Freeborn, Faribault, Martin, Jackson, Cottonwood (bonus),
Murray Part 2, and Nobles.  We would have finished in Rock, but the batteries
told us they were done with a little time still left on the clock.

Many thanks to the chasers who helped keep the pileups going all day!  Although
I had planned to switch bands or modes when the pileup was worked down, there
were only two band changes (start on 40 m, moved to 20 m around 9:30 or 10:00,
local, then back to 40 m around 5 PM local).  I had the microphone hooked up but
never felt the need to leave a productive run frequency on CW with a bunch of
chasers watching for me.

Stops were few and far between.  I swapped hamsticks from 40 to 20 m while we
stopped to pick up pre-ordered lunch, which only was a few minutes.  Lunch was
on the go (at last we were running CW!).  Our final stop was to swap back from
20 m to 40 m, again only being off the air for a couple minutes.

It was interesting to work the same stations repeatedly within a contest, and
learn some of the callsigns and the quirks: the station that always calls right
at the very edge of the receive audio bandpass (or on the slope), the station
with the severe drift, and the station that is always weak but intelligible.

Top chasers:
W4SIG: 20/23
K9CW: 19/23
N8II: 19/23