[3830] CQ160 CW K4EA Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, neal@k4ea.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K4EA Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 20:47:34 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K4EA
Operator(s): K4EA
Station: K4EA

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: GA

Total:  QSOs = 617  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 53  Total Score = 228,636

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Tale of two nights. First night was a struggle to work Europe. Signals were
about average, but QRM on both sides was bad. Worked only about 10. Second night
had a fantastic run for about two hours with over 90 European stations in the
log. On the other side, Pacific and JA were non existent. Only worked JA3YBK but
also heard JH4UYB who could not copy me. Heard VK3IO briefly but was smashed by
a US station CQing on top of him. Two KH6s was all I worked from Pacific. Heard
several PYs none could hear me. I had a bit of a handicap.  My primary amp is
getting an upgrade and my backup amp has never been good on 160, only about 1KW
out.  Highlights: 9K2NO for a new one, RU1A called me with a real S9 signal!

Neal, K4EA