[3830] CQ160 CW WU6P(@N6RO) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WU6P(@N6RO) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 18:27:37 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WU6P
Operator(s): WU6P
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 30
OpMode: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 695  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 15  Total Score = 124,920

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The operation is at N6RO super station, and with the support and guidance from
Ken/N6RO, Dave/WD6T, Chris/N6WM and Bob/K3EST.

The 1st day is good, propagation is there and many people joins the fun.  Used
4Squals as TX and RX antenna. Everything works fine, while I wish I can work
more countries. There is no Europe in log, and only limited Japan logs.
The 2nd day is much tougher. Leveraged the beverage as RX for about half of the
time. While in right direction, it provides a better SNR, and I need all the
help I can get.

It is for sure a fun contest, as my experience on 160m is still in build up
stage. The first day result is better than expected and 2nd day is lacking,
especially at 2nd sun rise, there is not much new player in the game (that I can
hear).

Thanks for great tips and tricks from the support team. And thanks everyone for
the QSOs, especially those has to send multiple times, well appreciated.