[3830] CQ160 CW W7RH Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W7RH Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 18:05:33 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W7RH
Operator(s): W7RH
Station: W7RH

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 42  State/Prov = 22  Countries = 8  Total Score = 5,220

Some times the stars are not aligned. This was one of those events. Very few EU
stations heard and even less worked. Kudos to S50C who gave me a new one.

Normally I would operate on site but weather has been terrible with lots of snow
on the ground. My station is all solar these days and while battery capacity is
good enough to run high power all night charging is another story when panels
are covered in snow with more on the way I axed that concept.

There seems to be a new trend of calling CQ at 35 plus WPM and then not
listening. In several cases I was doubling with CQing station. It's like hey man
150ms is not enough! Most are not breakin keying and this is 160m with noise and
QRM. IMHO

73
Bob W7RH