[3830] CQ160 CW K5PI(@W5KFT) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K5PI(@W5KFT) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 20:20:28 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K5PI
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 2:34

Total:  QSOs = 240  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 25  Total Score = 56,536

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

My transmit antenna started misbehaving in the first hour. I went out and could
see that some piece of cable had come loose at the top of the tower and was
touching -- intermittently -- the top of the 160 sloper.  An Internet service
provider uses that tower and is terrible about managing their cables.  Zip ties?
 Yes, really.

The wind calmed down as the evening wore on, so I tried again and got about 90
minutes on the air before it crapped out again.  Decent conditions to Europe.