[3830] NAQP CW WD8DSB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd8dsb@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WD8DSB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 12:56:10 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WD8DSB
Operator(s): WD8DSB
Station: WD8DSB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 7:58

  160:   69    34
   80:   86    30
   40:  145    46
   20:   54    24
   15:   65    17
   10:   41    18
-------------------
Total:  460   169  Total Score = 77,740

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Serious part time unassisted operation.  Intentionally 100% search and pounce to
see how well I could do with just wire antennas, not calling CQ and my radio
that's just 2 weeks shy of 43 years of age.  Maximum 1 hour rate was 72 per hour
which I was happy with considering I only run 24 WPM due to my call sign being
difficult for others to copy and running all search and pounce mode.  Really had
a fun time and great having 10 and 15 meters open.

Transceiver: Kenwood TS-180s (100 watts) with 500 Hz IF filter
Audio Filter: Hi-Per-Mite active audio filter (200 Hz bandwidth).
160/80 meter TX antenna: 68 foot base loaded vertical with 55 short ground
radials (2500 total feet of ground radials and not a complete circle around the
base).
40/20/15/10 meter TX antenna: EFHW mounted horizontally 20 feet up.
RX Antennas: 3 small point fed pennants (pointing 40, 160, and 300 degrees).

73,
Don (wd8dsb)