[3830] RTTY Roundup WP3TT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup WP3TT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 01:28:52 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2023

Call: WP3TT
Operator(s): WP3TT
Station: WP3TT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PR
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5
OpMode: 2BSIQ
Remote Operation

   80:    9
Total:  271  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 38  Total Score = 23,848

I wasn't going to operate, BUT there was an issue at the station that needed to
be resolved, however, it was not always present. We thought it was RF related,
so I got on Saturday night and there were no issues with 2B SIQ. I woke up
Sunday morning to test 2B SIQ on the same frequencies where we experienced the
issue on Saturday, no issue. I tested throughout the afternoon on Sunday and at
5PM local I discovered the issue. Not being at the station physically posed some
challenges in finding it, but I was able to power off some parts of the station
and isolate the problem. This was the best news of the contest :) because this
issue has been lingering for a few contests now. I believe we have a solution in
this issue and it should not persist after this contest, but testing this week
with the faulty cable/piece of equipment and may be back in shape!

I am getting married in February and this will be my last contest before the
wedding. I unfortunately will miss my favorite contest WPX RTTY and most likely
ARRL DX CW. I am hoping to put a serious effort in NAQP RTTY and try and make a
longshot top 5 finish. I got a test of the 2B SIQ functionality today and I am
addicted. Next is to practice this in CW, but RTTY it is a piece of cake!