[3830] RTTY Roundup W3MAM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sweeneydt@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W3MAM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 00:10:32 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2023

Call: W3MAM
Operator(s): W3MAM
Station: W3MAM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD

   10:    6
------------
Total:  720  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 52  Total Score = 77,760

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had looked forward to this one for several months and was planning to hit it
hard from the drop of the green flag. However, last Thursday evening, while
driving home from work, my car's engine seized up. We spent the first half of
Saturday off car shopping. After all papers were signed, I rushed home and got
into the contest at 2:30 pm EST.

Conditions seemed quite good on all bands, so I settled in. After a dinner
break, I switched to my Achilles heel, 40m. As my 40m is ailing these days,
Saturday evening had my rates at their lowest. Adding to that, the amp started
getting dangerously hot, so I put it in standby mode, set up a fan to blow
toward the intake vent, and continued on 40m using LP.

Went to bed at 1:30 am and was back in the chair at 7:00 am Sunday. 20m was
hopping, to my surprise. Sunday kept me busy, motivated by several different
races on the Contest Online Scoreboard.

Other than the amp overheating issue (due to non-resonate 40m wire), all
equipment performed flawlessly.

My RTTY itch has been scratched and I can now do without it for a spell.

73 Dave W3MAM