[3830] TBDC N3BB Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N3BB@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N3BB Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 12:40:51 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 17

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 2:29

Total:  QSOs = 164  Total Score = 682

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

One of my fav contests: good ops and always some below the noise levels. My best
noise levels are to the NE and poorest to the NW. Still managed four (!!)
stalwart JA stations this morning. Very good ops all.

Station: K3 and old Alpha 87A at 900-1000W. Antenna a shunt-fed 90 foot RG-45
tower with two radials about 20 feet above ground level over very poor limestone
rock strata on a Texas hilltop near Austin. Receiving helps a LOT with an SAL-30
located about 300 yards away down by a small creek in a pecan grove.

Thanks to the BARC and all the ops who make the Stew such fun.

73, Jim N3BB