[3830] ARRL 10 W6QU(W8QZA) SO SSB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W6QU(W8QZA) SO SSB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 16:51:35 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 7.7

   CW:
  SSB:  157
-------------------
Total:  157    55  Total Score = 17,270

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

STATION W8QZA:

Radio: Elecraft K-2, 5 Watts.

Antennas:
  10-15-20 Meters: 3 el Stepp-IR up 32 feet

Conditions in this contest are finally showing the effects of cycle 25!  DXCC
this year was 24 compared to 1 for last year.  Zones this year 17 compared to
just the 3 USA zones last year.

The N1MM+ log shows 7.7 hours but I seem to have fit in MUCH more op time than
that between multiple Grandpa and other family duties.  This contest does not
get nearly the reverence from my family as other major DX contests do!

Got into Europe once with EA5DFV and Africa 20 minutes later with EA8AM.  I was
able to work 9 JAs.

I was able to get 33 Qs by CQing which is fantastic for me.  I usually get zero!
It is great fun to CQ and have stations come back! This contest is worth it for
this part alone!

See you in the WPX RTTY next.   ...Bill   W8QZA - W6QU