[3830] ARRL 160 W3HKK SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3hkk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W3HKK SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 00:10:36 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: W3HKK
Operator(s): W3HKK
Station: W3HKK

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: oh
Operating Time (hrs): 4.65

Total:  QSOs = 252  Sections = 56  Countries = 3  Total Score = 30,267

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Pros:  Decent  domestic propagation.
Cons:  No sigs from Europe. 26 radials  still coiled up  hanging in walnut tree.
So  1/4 wave  52' tall INV-L was only working against single ground rod.   Had
annual physical a week before contest.  Doc recod a flu shot, so I  got a flu
shot. One day before contest , sure enough, I got the flu.  So sat out Day 1.
Felt better around 8pm on night 2, so   got  ota for a few hours.  Serious lack
of Euro dx heard hr in Ohio  Many open slots up and down the band indicated
activity  was well below recent years. Not  nearly as many 6's & 7's in the
log this year.

Still, I had a chance to blow the dust off the station (IC7610-ACOM1000-N1MM+)
Highlights were: working Hawaii; & reaching 93 Q's/hr (actual) for the hour
before Sunday  SR.

At pushing 81,  its getting tough to go heavy in the CQWW CW test, this 160m
test, and next weeks 10m test in back to back to back weekends.