[3830] ARRL 160 K1ZM SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K1ZM@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K1ZM SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 11:20:57 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: K1ZM
Operator(s): K1ZM
Station: K1ZM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: EMA

Total:  QSOs = 1034  Sections = 77  Countries = 39  Total Score = 271,208

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First - Hearty congrats to my younger brother Peter, K3ZM, for what looks like
the top score in the SO unassisted class - well done once again ACE!

Thanks also for the kind words - much appreciated.

After living a dream come true for 20+ years from VY2ZM, it is quite a
"sea-change" to listen to 160m from an oceanfront location on Cape Cod
only to hear "water-weak" European stations again that are something
like 20DB weaker than what was possible with an 8DB gain antenna on PEI.

There were some people to thank up on PEI who were of great assistance with our
relocation to Cape Cod on 15 November.  First VY2OM - Darrell who provided
assistance taking down and disassembling 21 towers and over 35 yagis that were
up in the air.  Miriam and I gave away all our stuff to Darrell and many other
local Maritime hams who will put our antennas to good use to be sure.  John
VY2WW was always willing  to help with the VY2 multiplier and will be the go to
guy on the island now on 160m and other contests like the ARRL SS.  He was also
a good friend and our gatherings on Tuesday night STEAK NIGHT at the Olde Dublin
Pub in Charlottetown will surely be missed.

After years of tryipng to find an amateur buyer (or partner) to carry on the
lagacy of VY2ZM, we just could not make that happen - so we wound up selling to
a Canadian family from Ontario who will enjoy the property and wildlife and the
fantastic sunrises and sunsets that were visible from our deck overlooking the
ocean.

Miriam and I are going to miss the BALD EAGLES, FOXES, SEALS, and RABBITS which
were daily friends that often frequented our 115 acres.  And of course the 12
acres of blueberries, raspberries and cranberries that were available in
seaason.

For 22 years the station on Cape Cod has languished with time only for emergency
meaintenace during short visits back here to MASS to visit family or during the
holiday season.

SO IT IS TIME FOR A MAJOR RETHINK and a REBUILD GOING FORWARD.

Congrats to all the big scorers in this one.

And thanks for the wonderful memories over the past 21 years or so.

73 JEFF VY2ZM/K1ZM and MIRIAM VY2NA/N1QV