[3830] ARRL 160 K8RR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, radiodad2000@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8RR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 00:54:15 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: K8RR
Operator(s): K8RR
Station: K8RR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 25.3

Total:  QSOs = 800  Sections = 77  Countries = 8  Total Score = 138,040

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

K8RR was SO HP non-assisted in this 2022 ARRL 160-Meter contest, for only 25.3
of a the 42 hours. Yeah, as for many of us, staying up all night and sleeping
during daylight isn't natural, or as easy as it was when younger! I set out to
beat my ARRL 160-Meter Contest personal best of 978 contacts in 2018, this being
my first all-in, solo effort in three years free of cancer and other illness,
except tinnitus. (I can only imagine how many of us are coping with ongoing
illness or the endless vexation of tinnitus). But, passing 1,000 Qs wasn't in
the cards this time. To me, it seemed that mediocre band conditons affected
copy, range and apparent participation, as indicated by only 15 to 20 Qs in some
overnight hours Saturday and Sunday while calling CQ. It was strange that so few
west coast stations were heard here in NE Ohio. Even many east coast stations
were blanked out early on Sunday. I missed WTX, SB, EWA and AK in the US and PE,
SK and NT in Canada, worked few Caribbeans and only two Europeans. Finally, an
even 800 contacts were made to 77 sections and 8 countries, with a claimed score
of 138,040. That's not too shabby for this electrical noise-riddled old
small-town contester (thanks, Christmnas lights). My Inverted-L phased with an
Active Receive Vertical by my DXE-NCC-2, the AL-1500, along with N1MM+ and
best-ever (so far) Yaesu FTDX10, all did pretty amazing things. So did all the
stations who gave gracious repeats and so many contacts. Thanks to all the great
160M opertors, especially those with patience! Apologies to those I couldn't
copy. I look forward to working you in 2023! Happy Holidays and 73, Rod - K8RR