[3830] CQ WW RTTY NA5NN(@W5UE) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY NA5NN(@W5UE) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 15:20:57 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: NA5NN
Operator(s): W5UE K2FF
Station: W5UE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs): 17.3
Remote Operation

   80:   16       13       5     4
   40:  170       37      31    17
   20:  229       43      37    19
   15:  282       29      53    18
   10:   52       13      11    10
------------------------------------
Total:  750      135     137    68  Total Score = 514,760

Club: 599 DX Association

Comments:

Since K2FF was going to be on the road this weekend balancing family commitments
we decided to give the new Explorer category a try in a very low-keyed,
experimental mode... Glenn operated 100% remote from Columbia, MS and his home
QTH in Ocean Springs using a variety of computer hardware (laptop, desktop and
even his iPhone). Randy was at the NA5NN station and operated both from the
shack and via a laptop "remote" from my recliner in the living room.
We utilized TeamViewer as our access method. This was our first remote
contesting effort using TeamViewer and overall everything worked fairly well,
especially on the RUN station where we have a K4/KPA1500 along with auto
bandpass and antenna switching as well as the Win4K4Suite software package for
full rig control. We identified a few tweaks we can make to the environment for
future efforts that should help... that being said we both agree that while
remote contesting can work it's just not the same as having a group of operators
all together in the shack. We were pleased with 750 Qs in just a little over 17
on-air hours...  73 de W5UE