[3830] CQ WW RTTY KG4IGC SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KG4IGC SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 14:48:27 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 29:53

   80:   48       23       3     4
   40:   88       25      17    11
   20:  258       41      41    12
   15:  122       14      48    16
   10:   36        6      14    12
------------------------------------
Total:  552      109     123    55  Total Score = 308,812

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Had a slow night Friday, bands were open all over the place but most DX contacts
took two or three attempts to get a reply due to QRM & QSB. Friday night 15
was open to JA, but darned if I could get any of them to hear me. Saturday was
much better, spent the better part of the day on 15 & 20 as they were open
to EU, SA, Caribbean, Africa, and parts of Asia. I heard two or three JA's on 40
meters but only was able to work one and had to struggle to get that Q. Much
easier Q's were made to VK9DX on Norfolk Island, Australia, & Hawaii.

10 was open all weekend pretty much all day, but mostly heard South American
stations. During an attempted run on 10, I had a station from Africa answer my
call. He was on one of the islands at the top of the continent but can't
remember which one at the moment. Tried to run several times, but rates were
really slow so wound up doing a lot of S&P throughout the weekend. I did
have a couple of decent runs, here are my best rates according to N1MM:

CQ World Wide RTTY - 2022-09-24 0000Z to 2022-09-26 0000Z - 552 QSOs
KG4IGC Max Rates:

2022-09-25 1114Z - 3.0 per minute  (1 minute(s)), 180 per hour
2022-09-25 1849Z - 1.4 per minute  (10 minute(s)), 84 per hour
2022-09-25 1923Z - 0.7 per minute  (60 minute(s)), 41 per hour

Sunday was a bit slower, but again the bands were in pretty decent shape. I set
a goal at the beginning of the contest of beating my score from last year which
was in the 190,000 point range, I surpassed that number early Sunday afternoon.
Since things were slow, I just decided to hand out Q's to whoever would answer
and it paid off with a nice score at the end of the contest. Worked fellow Swap
Fox member Bill N4IQ on two bands, pretty decent signal here in the low country.

Friday 22:30
SFI:146 SN:111
A:15   K:3
304A 129.5@SEM