[3830] CQ WW RTTY IT9BLB(@IB9T) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, it9blb@infcom.it
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY IT9BLB(@IB9T) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 15:37:14 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: IT9BLB
Operator(s): I8UZA IT9BLB IT9MBZ IT9MUO IT9VDQ IT9ZMX
Station: IB9T

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Palermo, JM68QE
Operating Time (hrs): 48:00

   80:  189       15      54    11
   40:  361       47      92    30
   20:  782       49      97    31
   15:  233       39      87    29
   10:  165       14      64    27
------------------------------------
Total: 1730      164     394   128  Total Score = 2,901,780

Club: ARIPA DX Team

Comments:

Hard activity by Mr. Murphy in this contest.
At the first sunrise, when our "queen band" begins to open, the 5
elements of  15m had a variable SWR from 2 to 3; we could only work with the
radio tuner, radiating only a handful of Watts and with the receiver deaf. Then
we decided to use an old 12AVQ that we have recovered from recycled aluminum and
to continue like this until the end of the contest.
After the first 15 hours of the contest, the 10m rotor lost its orientation and
finally freezed to the north.
One of the three PCs used for this contest went totally QRT.
Finally, at the end of the contest, we had to work for two hours in the heavy
rain, to disassemble and to store the 40m 4-square and the 80m vertical.
We still had a lot of fun and we managed to finish the race, even if heavily
penalized in the score due to the condition of the antennas.

See you in the phone leg!

Joe, IT9BLB
one of IB9T