[3830] CQ WW RTTY ZL3IO SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY ZL3IO SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 00:43:48 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: ZL3IO
Operator(s): ZL3IO
Station: ZL3IO

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Kiwi-DX-Lodge
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    3        1       3     3
   40:  411       42      64    26
   20:  476       32      70    25
   15:  446       49      51    22
   10:  171       27      15    14
------------------------------------
Total: 1507      151     203    90  Total Score = 1,981,572

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for the QSO's! This was my second serious entry. Murphy paid me a visit
on Sunday and I thought the contest would be over after 24 hrs.

The controller for the 80 m 4 square makes trouble and with the rain pouring I
had no motivation to work outside (80 m --> no show).
The SD card in the FLEX is corrupted causing the radio to shut down unannounced.
If it reboots is always a lottery. Thanks to that I got lots of unplanned breaks
at times I would not have chosen.

I had lost hope to get the rare ZL multiplier for myself. But in the last
contest hour I found ZL1T on 15 m. At least ZL on one band.

I didn't work a single zone 17, 22. 40 or 29 (VK6 and usually easy). Nothing
from Africa except for zone 33. South America and Caribbean was very difficult
on 10/15 m. It felt as if we could not get 4 or more hops going towards West and
South on 10/15. EU was going great on 40/20/15. Amazing short path openings to
EU both days on 15 m. Day one would be open until about 10 pm local. Day two 15
was open until local midnight.

73 Holger, Zl3IO