[3830] WAE SSB E7DX(E77DX) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB E7DX(E77DX) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 17:57:48 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: E7DX
Operator(s): E77DX
Station: E77DX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Prijedor, JN84IX
Operating Time (hrs): ~36

   80:   45     5    28
   40:  475   191    63
   20:  696   683    91
   15:  541   750    83
   10:   92   171    35
-------------------------
Total: 1849  1800   719  Total Score = 2,623,631

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Last moment decision to operate in test. Some work were canceled, my wife was
out of town, i hurt my knees last week during weightlifting exercises, Window to
get to station do some work or operate in WAE opened unexpected. Pain in knees
didn’t disappear till friday, i decided that contesting instead of claiming
and working would be probably better solution. Also some rain forecast would not
allow much work outside.

Durning contest i had very bad WX condition during contest,
Lot‘s of rain and thunderstorms :(
Sometimes bands were very noisy and twice i was forced to switch off the station
at least for short period of time. Apologize for asking to endlessly
„again“….

Saturday band condx were down in compare to sonday, but in general very low
activity. 2nd night was disappointing and i was forced to make 2nd brake during
that period.
My plan was to finish 36h as soon as possible, since i needed to get back to
Austria monday early morning, but on the end that was like 01:00 local time
monday morning, not much time for rest and sleep.

Activity was not great and a lot of callers without serial number or 001.
Especially there were many US stations replayed to my „CQ contest“ and than
when i asked for contest exchange answered with „i don’t have serial number,
i‘m not in contest“. But that’s part of the game in WAE.

My plan to try to get more than 2K QTC unfortunately failed.
Also missed some 80/40m mults do the periods of rain, thunderstorms and heavy
QRN. In general was not the year to generate big score.
But in compere to other’s look like i didn’t do so badly. Was surprised to
be ahead of big EU multi station even with 12h brake. It was big fun and
pleasure being on cqcontest - live score board. Thanks to everyone joining the
race there.

Station played pretty well, beside i need to service some rotators, and
improve-finish rebuild on antennas i started back in 2021  there were no issues
at all.
Operated with 2 x FTDX-101MP, there is nothing else to say than the best radios
i ever used.

Many thanks to NP4Z and WX3B for giving out QTC at number 11 stoping pileup,
even being fresh meat on sonday afternoon :)

Thanks to all for QSOs and QTCs
And those who QSYed on request.

CU soon in next one

73s Braco