[3830] CWOpen G3LDI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, roger@g3ldi.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CWOpen G3LDI LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 08:07:16 +0000
                    CWops CW Open - 0000Z-0359Z

Call: G3LDI
Operator(s): G3LDI
Station: G3LDI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Swardeston

Total:  97     76  Total Score = 7,372

Club: Norfolk Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Dropping SFI, K 4 followed by an aurora did a lot to make life difficult. I was
disappointed to find that the US stations on 40m were the main stations and some
could not wait for a weak EU stationf. Credit to one however who spent nearly 3
minutes to get me in his log! Most would not QRS from their 35-40wpm and in an
aurora, despite repeats, they should know that copy over here is just about
impossible at that speed under those conditions.
Hopefully I shall have my antennas sorted by NEXT year so won't be quite so
weak, although that is also determined by my age!
 Also disappointing to find that although 160 was providing spots from around
EU, nobody used the band. I guess the flow on 40 was good for long periods.
Very enjoyable though and great to see so many taking part.