[3830] CWOpen KU8E HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@ku8e.com
Subject: [3830] CWOpen KU8E HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 04:28:25 +0000
                    CWops CW Open - 0000Z-0359Z

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 2:15
OpMode: SO2R

   80:   34    18
   40:  120   109
   20:   45    44
Total:  199   171  Total Score = 34,029

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Station #1 K3/100 and Acom 1000
Station #2 TS590SG running 100 watts
Wire antennas

Lost almost 1/2 of the contest due to a computer issue. When I started out the
keyboard wouldn't respond and just kept sending the CQ F1 message over and over.
It wouldn't stop when I hit the ESC key. It also wouldn't let me enter anything
in the logging fields in N1MM Logger. Rebooted the computer and it worked for a
few minutes and started acting up again. I then started getting an error message
on the USB port the keyboard was on. I eventually replaced the keyboard with a
different one and added a torrid to the USB cable and it seemed OK after that.
The keyboard that acted up was fairly new. My kids bought it for my birthday
back in June. Oh well !

I almost just quit in frustration after all that since I lost a lot of time but
continued on to practice doing SO2R. Plus I was on a team.

TEAM : SECC #1

Jeff