[3830] CWOpen N4ZR HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWOpen N4ZR HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 04:09:10 +0000
                    CWops CW Open - 0000Z-0359Z

Call: N4ZR
Operator(s): N4ZR
Station: N4ZR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD

   80:   77    11
   40:  193   162
   20:   62    60
Total:  332   233  Total Score = 77,356

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

That was probably the hardest 4 hours of work I've ever put into a contest.  I
foolishly assumed that my N1MM CW messages file from years ago would be good,
but the world has moved on, and in the process of trying to amend it I screwed
it up royally.  I finally just stopped operating and fixed it, more or less.

My tribander is down, so my only antenna was a Carolina Windom at 35 feet.  I'm
surprised at how well it works, especially on 40.

Tactics for optimizing score in this one are an interesting puzzle.  Late in the
session, it seemed as if every time a new one came on, all the big dogs would
arrive within seconds for the double value, while us peasants satisfied
ourselves with working new ones *for that band*