[3830] IARU N8II SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N8II SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 21:15:21 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

   20:  157     65     20      28
   15:  158     41     23      28
   10:   29     32     12      13
-------------------------------------
Total:  344    118     55      69  Total Score = 203,856

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

this onie was for fun, not for score. Read on if you are interested in what was
worked on the high bands. I started 3 hours late after watching the Wimbledon
Ladies Championship. My guess is that conditions were great at the start as 10M
was open to EU at 15Z. LZ0HQ and YT0HQ were booming in, but my total EU count
was fairly low on 10 as EU rapidly faded out in about 40 minutes. Z30HQ was a
nice catch on 10 CW. Around 1545-1616Z, SA signals were extremely loud on 10. I
even had 2 PY's call me while I was calling other SA stations. I had a run of
PY/LU/CE stations. D4K was worked on 10 SSB. Down to 15 at 1615Z, I worked most
parts of EU, but signals were not quite good enough for a decent run. There was
Es to the NE and W. R2AA and EU2F were caught on 15 CW. At 1830Z RX9WN and RD4A
were worked on 15 CW, quite late for Russia. At the same time, only big gun
mostly HQ stations were left from EU.

20 was in good shape to EU starting about 2040Z and signals only increased
through the evening with many huge HQ signals worked past midnight in EU. The
ionosphere was nearly perfect on the path to central and western EU with
northern EU and Russia a bit weaker but still workable/runable.

The highlight of the test was working into Asia on 15 starting 23Z with EU still
quite loud as well. VK2GR was worked at 2322Z on 15 CW, followed by RW0LT at
2327Z along with a few JA's. BG5TOX was next with 2 other Chinese logged. I
heard BV0HQ and B6HQ along with a very weak AT1HQ(India) as well. Several loud
EU HQ stations were caught on 15 SSB after 2330Z and 10 was open to TM0HQ and
EF4HQ at the same time! SN0HQ was still in on 15 SSB at 0230Z!

The last 20 minutes on 15 was what I had hoped it would be Saturday. I had a
nice run all over EU with loud signals even from Russia; RM9A and R8TT called
me.

It was fun to watch propagation when there was enough activity to realize the
full potential of some high solar flux during the summer. 20 and 15 were
incredibly good at times, 20 for all of the evening. Many thanks for the calls
and Q's.

73, Jeff