[3830] WPX CW OL5Y SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, OL5Y@mastrant.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OL5Y SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 18:12:50 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: OL5Y
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: OL5Y

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: BKO
Operating Time (hrs): 36
OpMode: SO2R

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

I was looking forward to this contest – especially because I expected good
propagation on 15 and 10.
Unfortunately, nature probably disliked the WPX contest and made the CONDX even
worse than last year. Especially on Saturday, it was bizarre – about 80 % of
stations I heard S7 and better did not hear me. I checked my cables and switches
several times but did not find any problem. I was pleased to make a QSO with
several Ukrainian stations, mostly VERY weak. Compared to last year, I have
changed the pause strategy, but I am not sure it helped the final result. But
definitely, it helped my brain condition on Monday :-) Amusing is a QRQQQ
strategy of some stations – they prefer 5 or more repeats than slowing down a
little. They will see it in the log-checking report – if I don’t believe I
have SN in the QSO correct, I don’t log it.

Thank you all for calling me or answering my call!
73! Martin, OL5Y

Radios: SunSDR MB1 and IC-756 (1st version)
Accessories: excellent rotor controller microHAM ARCO, MK2R+, Station masters,
Stack master, switches...
ANT:
160: Inv. V @ 19m (63 ft.)
80: Inv. V @ 19m