[3830] WPX CW WK9M(@W5MX) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WK9M(@W5MX) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 13:14:27 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: WK9M
Operator(s): W5MX K0XV
Station: W5MX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ky

  160:    0
   20: 1059

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

First, I heard about a number of folks getting Covid that were at Dayton last
weekend. Sad to hear and I wish everyone well. Dawn (the xyl) and I were there
and at the contest activities and are FB. I would assume we would have gotten it
by now if we were going to pick it up from there.

In any case, A big thank you to Randy, WK9M, for the callsign use. The original
plan was to have him, Juan AC6ZM and Jim K0XV coming up from TN to operate as
M/S. Unfortunately, only Jim ended up making it. It was a bit of a last-minute
plan so understandable.

No need to comment on propagation, many others already have. The band-by-band
QSO numbers tell the story. If only 10 had opened to EU and 15 had been more
consistent...

We had a great time  in spite. Jim cooked up some excellent food which was
great. Clayton KJ4YLR came by for moral support for about the first half of
contest and Terry AJ4A came by for a bit as well (neither operated this time).

Everything performed well station-wise except the west and northwest mult
tribanders on the tower closest to the shack. When we tried tx on those antennas
on some bands, there was an rfi issue which made the computer to go into a tx
loop. Tried some during-contest remedies (including a 70ft level tower trip) to
no avail. Definitely need to figure it out before IARU. Shouldn't be too
difficult.

Thanks to all for the Q's, it was a pleasure!

Bryan and crew,
W5MX