[3830] WPX CW KC7V(@K8IA) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mike@kc7v.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KC7V(@K8IA) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 02:27:53 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: KC7V
Operator(s): KC7V K8IA W9CF
Station: K8IA

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

  160:    2
   80:  223
   40: 1000
   20: 1563
   15: 1083

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

We had high hopes for the weekend until the news of disturbed conditions came
down. Even so, we knew there would plenty to work and that did not disappoint.
Our team included 3 ops with a rotation of 4 hours on / 2 hours off.  K8IA was
on site, KC7V used his K3 mini and W9CF used remaud although there was a bit of
mixture depending on the band.

Rates were never real high but stayed steady.  20 was our mainstay band with
lots of DX to work.  15 was up and down but we caught a nice EU opening on
Sunday that added nice mults.  We were able to milk 10 and 80m for QSOS and
points.

There were some audio glitches and a couple of N1MM freeze-ups but these did not
really affect our score.  The team pushed hard on Sunday for mults to surpass
1,000 prefixes.  Overall K8IA's station worked extremely well.

Despite all the push of contesting ethics there are still stations that just
plop down and call CQ on my operating frequency without a QRL.  I know I was
heard and was able to run three stations like that off while still working guys.
 I am getting to the point where I want to name calls.

We appreciated all the QSOS. and hope 2023 WPXCW will be as good.

Mike KC7V