[3830] WPX CW KM4SII SOAB Youth LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, km4siinc@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KM4SII SOAB Youth LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 00:24:32 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: KM4SII
Operator(s): KM4SII
Station: KM4SII

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Youth
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): ~35

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Great fun! Despite conditions not being as good as I had hoped, I managed to
surpass my score from 2020 (the last time I participated in WPX CW).

I had high hopes of excellent propagation coming into this weekend since even
Thursday saw 15m open to Europe into the wee hours of the morning and excellent
JA/BY/YB openings during the day. However, with the SFI and sunspot number
dropping dramatically at the contest start, and a K index of 5, propagation
ended up being quite average in my opinion.

15m was open to EU much of both days, but never quite enough for any notable
runs. On Saturday, I worked several loud JAs on 15m shortly before their
sunrise, but it seemed few stations were on taking advantage of the opening. I
managed to work a single JA on 20m around 05z of night one. 20m closed to EU at
06z on night one and soon after 07z on night two. 40m was decent throughout the
contest, and 6-pointers were plentiful despite the summer QRN. In the times I
checked 80m there were only a handful of signals visible, so I did not spend
much time there.

Thanks for the QSOs!

73
Mason - KM4SII (19 years old)