[3830] WPX CW KT5J(K5PI) SOAB Unassisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, robert.k5pi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KT5J(K5PI) SOAB Unassisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 00:12:57 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: KT5J
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: K5TR

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Unassisted
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 36
OpMode: SO2R

   20: 1461

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to George K5TR for use of his outstanding station and to Larry K5OT for
use of the club call.

George really has firepower on 20M (four monster yagis), and this was a great
weekend to have it.  It was the workhorse band all weekend, early and late.  40
was quite good, although pretty noisy.  I probably should have tried running
there earlier, but the rate on 20 was hard to leave.

15 was just okay on Saturday, and much better on Sunday.  EU had very good
signals on Sunday, but since high band conditions weren’t great on Saturday, a
lot of casual folks may have written off the entire weekend.   I never found
much happening on 10, but worked some SA 3 pointers.

George’s computer now has an option to boot into Windows (!), so I used N1MM.
I’m looking forward, though, to seeing how N6TR’s new work on TR-LINUX
shapes up.  N1MM worked very well, although something periodically caused me to
get locked out of the second entry window.  An N1MM restart fixed it each time.

N1MM has great functionality for using spots in SO2R mode, but it just seemed
superfluous to use assistance in this contest.  I kept it off and submitted my
log to www.unassisted.org.  Sorry to see the disappearance of the unassisted
categories.