[3830] WPX CW KN5A(K5WA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5wa@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KN5A(K5WA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 00:07:48 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: KN5A
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: KN5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 36
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    0
   20: 1094
   15: 1019

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

By some fortunate accident, Mr. Murphy visited the day BEFORE this contest and
broke my hardline to the 20M StackMatch.  I'm trying not to climb and more but
this was an "emergency" so I hauled some coax up the tower and
replaced the hardline at 100'.  I think that hardline has been marginal for a
while because 20M seemed to come alive after that replacement so that temporary
fix may be permanent.

I barely snuck my toe over the 3000 mark but this was a personal best and I'm
very happy with it.  I hit SO2R (almost 2BSIQ) as hard as I could the first day
but I gave everybody a break on the second day because I was not hitting on all
cylinders and people were wondering if we worked or not.

The station played well but I've got to replace these keyboards because the
ENTER key usually doesn't work.  Makes ESM rough.

Great contest: you can work everybody and get some sleep too.  36 hours sounds
good to me.  ;-)

Thanks for the Qs and the patience.

Bob K5WA