[3830] GaQP WA4AUG(AA5JF) Single OpMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, amgoss05@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP WA4AUG(AA5JF) Single OpMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 00:29:13 +0000
                    Georgia QSO Party - 2022

Call: WA4AUG
Operator(s): AA5JF
Station: WA4AUG

Class: Single OpMixed HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 18:30

  160:   19
   80:  121     15
   40:  327    409
   20:  180    189
--------------------
Total:  669    613  CW Mults = 53  Ph Mults = 53  Total Score = 206,806

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

What great fun! Lots of activity, both in-state and out-of-state. Thank you all!
Disappointing that 15M was just barely usuable (and I never heard anything on
10M), and unlike last year, there wasn't short skip on 20M. But great conditions
on 40M. 80M seemed pretty quiet but didn't produce as many Qs as I thought it
would. Was fortunate to spend some time late Sunday afternoon on 20M and picked
up 2 mults on CW, and four on phone, including AK. And DC on both modes! I can't
remember working a DC station in a phone contest before. In the US, missed HI
and SD (both), AK (CW), and RI (phone). Ten total mults from Canada, and lots of
ON stations. Also worked one JA on 20M, plus ~20 Europeans.

I operated form my home station (AA5JF), but elected to use the Augusta
University Amateur Radio Club's callsign, in order to prevent confusion about a
"5" callsign in the GaQP.

Thanks to all the competitors who found me on multiple bands and modes, and
special thanks to all the rovers, portables, and the North Fulton special
callsign operators.