[3830] KRC SST VE3NRT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] KRC SST VE3NRT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 21:08:08 +0000
                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - Mar 18

Call: VE3NRT
Operator(s): VE3NRT
Station: VE3NRT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ON

   40:  17     11
   20:  37     25
Total:  54     36  Total Score = 1,944

20 was crazy. I tried a short QSO right before the contest and was overwhelmed
by callers and couldn't get started. They were all on top of each other and
thinking I was calling them. There was another contestant only 250Hz away and
loud. He probably thought the same thing but I was stuck between another weaker
station 250Hz on the other side and couldn't go anywhere.

40 was a bit better, but slower. I had to get a lot of repeats because of the
QRM from the nearby stations and multiple callers on both bands.

I might go back to low power. Probably less QRM. The new antenna is perhaps
working a bit too well. Nevertheless is was one of my best outings on the Friday
afternoon test thanks to the multipliers especially. I'll be back. It is great
practice for field day.

73,
Chris VE3NRT