[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 15:38:29 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Mar 16

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: il

Total:  135  Mults = 132  Total Score = 17,820

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

This was a rough one.  I finally got the Flex 6600 and Maestro to work, but the
amp could not figure out the frequency using the LAN. Likewise the tuner, which
generally can figure out the frequency, did not work again.  Jeez. So I ran
100W.

Things started out slowly. The Midwest was not strong, but the west was OK,
however, there are never enough guys on out there.  It took a lot of CQs to get
things going, but by 1315Z it picked up with 44 QSOS then.  At 1330Z had 88 QSOs
so it was looking good, however by 1336Z the rate was slowing even though there
was good coverage around the USA.

I went to 20 at 1346Z and only had 17 QSOs on a fresh band.  There were a few
strong signals from New England, but most signals were weak.  CQing did nothing
and I was only about 50 % successful in raising people with S&P.  Most of
the European guys were too weak to copy.  I probably would have done better to
have stayed on 40, or at least SO2R.

I started working on collecting the tubing for a 40 meter 4 square. I am not
sure if a controller will be available, but it would be useful even if it was
set for the NE.  My inverted vee is not very competitive for DX.