[3830] Commonwealth VK2BJ SO-Open-12 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk2bj@optusnet.com.au
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VK2BJ SO-Open-12 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 09:58:21 +0000
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest - 2022

Call: VK2BJ
Operator(s): VK2BJ
Station: VK2BJ

Class: SO-Open-12 HP
QTH: Sydney

   80:   26      480
   40:   85      800
   20:   88      840
   15:   43      680
   10:   21      400
-----------------------
Total:  263     3200  Total Score = 4,515

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Just recovering from a severe bout of glandular fever (at age 77 !) which saw me
hospitalised for a few days. As a result, I had to take it easy and was unable
to put in my usual competitive entry and operated for 11 hours total. Conditions
at the start were somewhat grim on HF but they brightened up on the Sunday (VK
time) with some unusual openings on 10 and 15. ZF2CA and V31GX were romping in
for some hours on 10 and there was also an opening to Africa with 5Z4VJ and
9J2BO worked. The same stations were worked on 15 along with a 5B4 who was long
path. All in all a satisfactory outcome.