[3830] TBDC N4XD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ron.spencer@zoho.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N4XD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:57:47 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

Total:  QSOs = 332  Total Score = 1,264

Club: Smithchart ARS

Comments:

With band pretty quiet (at least here in NC) was more fun than expected.
However, QSB more than made up for lack of QRN. Deep, deep fades. Thanks to all
that hung in while I patched together their call one letter at a time.

Around 0430 seemed conditions to EU improved. I monitor rbn for my call and saw
an uptick in spots and signal strength. But still lots of QSB. In the space of
just a few minutes saw differences of 25dB or more.

some outstanding signals from EU and west coast. Those that come to mind are:
K7RAT, HA8BT, OM2XW, PA3AAV, WB6JJJ. Others too that I didn't have time to note.

Did miss LZ. Fat fingered the call and whatever I entered sent rig off to AM or
something. By the time I recovered he had, of course, left. Darn!

Had a surprising run of western EU callers as sun swept west. And this morning
nice surprise call from VK3HJ. Always nice to work Luke.

All in all, with the nice break from the spring QRN, this was fun.

Tree, thanks for putting this on!

Equip:
Anan 7000 dle
alpha 91b