[3830] ARRLDX SSB W1DYJ SOUAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W1DYJ SOUAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 22:05:10 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SOUAB LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:    0     0
   80:    8     8
   40:   46    27
   20:   94    62
   15:   72    47
   10:   32    24
-------------------
Total:  252   168  Total Score = 127,008

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

With both Friday and Saturday nights busy with non-contest
stuff, I originally wasn't going to participate at all.  My
LP, little pistol station doesn't do well in SSB contests.

But I had some time Friday night at 10:15 pm local "just to
check on how it was going."  40 seemed decent, so I spent 30
minutes making a few Qs.  And then Saturday morning around
10:30 am I thought I'd just check 10 & 15 a bit...  15 sounded
great, so why not.  Next I knew it was lunch.  Saturday
afternoon was otherwise scheduled, but I was able to get back
on for a few hours before and after dinner.

Sunday morning around 7 local 10 was quiet, 20 was OK and
then 15 started. 10 finally came alive to SA for me around
11 local, although the hill to my south makes 10 and 15 poor,
validated by HFTA. The rest of the late afternoon was
80>40>20>..., with a final finish on 15. But 80 never really
showed up. 160 was a bust the whole weekend.  It was good to
see 10 again.

Highlights:
    * An ATNO: Malawi: already confirmed -- love that LoTW!
    * JA on 15 Sunday with 30 minutes left in the contest.
    * One 5-bander (PJ4G) and 2 4-banders (sans 10)

Rig: TS-590SG
BIC = 9.5 hours
Logger: N3FJP ARRL Int. DX Ver 5.1.1 (The new world map with
        spots shown was a big help for S&P.)
Antennas:
   160/80/40  Fan dipole: trapped 80/40 [SE-NW] AND trapped
       160/75 [S-N, with North end turning a few times to
       fit in the yard] @ 35' at center, ~15'at ends
   20  HB Moxon @ 36'
   15  Rotatable Dipole @ 33'
   10  HB 5el yagi @ 30'