[3830] ARRLDX SSB K7RL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K7RL SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 01:36:06 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 12
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    2     2
   80:   24    18
   40:   55    33
   20:  388    78
   15:  290    65
   10:   97    25
-------------------
Total:  856   221  Total Score = 558,090

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Started the contest Saturday morning and immediately noticed how unkind the
latest solar disturbance was to the bands. Very little EU on 15m, but I could
hear N7DD in AZ enjoying a nice run working stations I couldn't hear. The
afternoon JA run was also a bust. Once again, stations in CA and AZ running
stations I couldn't hear.

10m was open to SA, CAR, and a few areas of Africa - always great to have 10m in
play.

Sunday was MUCH better. 15m opened to EU, and later in the afternoon JA opened
with very strong signals. The band was packed. Also nice to see a packed 10m
band with station up around 28.620.

My only complaint is the large number of stations that don't sign regularly.
It's already tough to crack some of these pile-ups, but then you add being
unassisted and it's even worse. Be kind and sign :-)

Thanks to all for the Qs!

73, Mitch, K7RL