[3830] NAQP CW NJ8J Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nj8j@benshome.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NJ8J Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 06:34:58 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

   80:  100    30
   40:  170    46
   20:  117    34
   15:   56    23
   10:    6     4
-------------------
Total:  449   137  Total Score = 61,513

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC#3

Comments:

Icom IC-7300
LDG AT-200Pro II Automatic Antenna tuner
120 ft OCF doublet fed with ladder-line
10 Meter Half-Square
Logger: N1MM+

A new high score for me for NAQP CW.  Beat both last year's NAQP scores on both
Qs and mults.  I think CWT practice has helped a lot.  A couple of years ago, I
typically operated at 25 or 28 wpm.  Nowadays, I find that I'm comfortable
around 30 to 32.

Got started about 9 minutes late.  Was nice to find 10M a bit open.  Got a
handful of Qs on 10, and S&P'd 15 and 20 up until about 2045Z, when I got a
45 minute run of 51 !s, and a half-hour break at 2149Z.  S&P'd 15 and 20 up
until 2255Z, and dropped to 40M at 2100Z.  Had a 37 minute run of 51 Qs on 40
starting at 00122, then back to S&Ping 40 until 0115Z, when I took a break.
Got back on 40M at 0219Z, and dropped to 80M at 0255Z.  At this point, band
conditions dropped on both 40 and 80.  Rain starting up about this time didn't
help.  I pretty much S&P'd 80 with the occasional short move to 40 until the
end of the contest, with a couple of short runs on 80 (16 minutes for 14 Qs, and
21 minutes for 16 Qs).

Now to dive in on the VHF Contest on Sunday.