[3830] CQWW CW OK6W(OK1MU) SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, radioclub@seznam.cz
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OK6W(OK1MU) SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 00:14:02 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: OK6W
Operator(s): OK1MU
Station: OL7M

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: Policko

  160:
   80: 3202    38      129
------------------------------

Before the contest I considered whether to go again SOSB160 or SOSB80m as in
previous years, where we have completed and tested good antenna setup or try to
change to SOSB40m, where we do not yet have antennas to the JA/UA9, but we built
new 4 el. full size Yagi with a boom of 62ft lenght towards to NA/WC and I
wanted to try it properly and fully. As for the result, it was of course a fight
lost in advance without east direction, but the pleasure of wonderful NA pileups
won and I chose SOSB40m.

Some photos  https://www.qrz.com/db/OL7M

I didn't regret it! Yagi worked flawlessly and I would be honored to work  1250
QSO x NA, thanks guys, amazing! The first day was great fun and 2100 QSOs.
Sunday was already worse due to the strong snowfall and noises, only 1100 QSOs.
So, I spent a lot of time on S/P mode, because the Sunday hourly rate was only
around 40-70 QSO/hour so finding a multiplier was much better.

The contest was fantastic and I enjoyed every 44 hours. Thanks go to Standa
OK7W, with whom we worked at QTH two days before the contest and Standa
participated in the SOAB As LP SO2R, where he played first time with 2BSIQ.

And of course a BIG thanks to you for every single QSO, especially NA pileups
was wonderful.

See you again. Please, take care!

Pavel OK1MU/OK6W