[3830] CQWW CW N2FF SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N2FF SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:37:50 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: NLI

  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:  198    23       78
   15:  204    19       78
   10:   24     9       10
------------------------------

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

This was a contest to remember!  With the SFI at 92 10 meters bounced into life
at times.  Sunday afternoon it came alive with paths far into the Pacific.  In
all I managed 24 QSOs and 9 zones on ten.  AT one point within about 15 minutes
I managed 3QSO’s with three KH6 stations.  A feat no accomplished in many
years on that band.  It was pretty exciting and shows great  promise for future
years.
Without wires for 160, 80 and 40, since last winter’s storms, I was limited to
20, 15 and 10 with 100 watts and a two element beam at 40 feet.  My quad days
are over as I am getting too old to keep them together even on a tilt over
tower.  The Navassa 6 I have from JK Antenna in CT has only a 12 foot boom and
about 10 dB front to back but it’s optimized for forward gain. That is not
always bad as I am sometimes able to get a quick Caribbean mult while working EU
stations by quickly rotating only a few degrees to the west.  Enabling me to
quickly get back to the EU stations. It’s a nice feature that works well
before the pile get too big on the mult to the south.
Slow waves of QSB were the biggest negative in the contest as I tried to pounce
on multipliers.  Hopefully next year the SFI will be even higher and after four
big old trees are removed I will be able to spend time searching for mults on 80
and 40.  I am not sure I will put up another inverted L for 160.  Thanks again
to all the DX stations with good ears that were able to copy my 100 watts.  I
threw in the towel with about three hours of contest time left as there were so
few stations left to pounce on and 20 was fading. I am constantly amazed that
stations can copy my 100 watt station when I send my call only once.  While it
doesn’t always happen it is a thrill when they do hear me calling.  I do think
the double letter call is a big help.