[3830] CQWW CW N2IC SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N2IC SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:38:30 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   37    16       20
   80:  194    23       59
   40: 1446    34       90
   20: 1225    33       96
   15: 1048    29       92
   10:   84    15       33
------------------------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

"The Return of the Russians"

I could definitely tell that Cycle 25 is underway. From here in SW New Mexico, a
good indicator is the number of Russians worked. I know this will be hard for my
east coast USA friends to understand, but during the sunspot minimums, I work
very few Russians in winter contests. The propagation is simply not there on any
band, at any time. This CQWW was different - 191 Russians worked.

It was a great weekend on 40, 20 and 15 meters. You couldn't tell that a CME hit
on Saturday night. 40 was super to Europe from 2 hours before local sunset to 2
hours after European sunrise. Even difficult to reach places such as UA9 had
booming signals. 20 was surprisingly good throughout the day, without the
absorption blanket that we usually have at mid-day. 15 meter openings followed
the sun, meaning we only had 2 hours of Europe and 2.5 hours of Japan each day,
but the activity was extreme during those hours. 160 and 80 were disappointing
and were almost totally S&P bands. TM2Y, YL3FT and TK0C were the only EU on
160, and JA3YBK the only JA. There may have been more openings, but it's hard to
keep an ear on 160 while working the bedlam on 40 meters at the same time.

It's been a while since I posted the station layout to 3830. No stacks on any
band.

TS-590S, TS-590SG, Alpha 76, Commander HF-2500.

160 N4KG-fed tower with 8 elevated radials.
80 86' loaded, rotatable dipole @ 110'
40 M2 40M4LLD @ 100'
20 5 el @ 65', KT-36XA @ 75'
15 5 el @ 32'