[3830] CQWW CW ON3DI SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on3di@outlook.be
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ON3DI SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 14:22:46 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH:

  160:
   80:  466    15       59
   40:  441    17       73
   20:  325    16       48
   15:  275    18       45
   10:   19     5       12
------------------------------
Total: 1526    71      237  Total Score = 808,808

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Hi everyone!

What was this! It was a fantastic weekend, a long time ago that I had so much
fun during a contest!

With the conditions getting better and better, no SB operation, no QRP, 'just'
all band with my power, 25w. Before CQ WPX I had some goals; more then 750 QSO's
in one day and more then 1300 qso's overall. Due to sickness i failed both. It
was a deception, honestly. This time I kept the goals for me but they were
really on my mind. Last month conditions seemed great during WW SSB, even on
10m. Saw some posts on facebook in the past weeks, predictions weren't that
good, but yeah it is CW, who knew...

The plan was to start on 20m but I hae heard a single beep at the start. 40m is
was, and I must say, the irst hour isn't the best hour for me. Need to find the
drive but the quality of qso's was good. Worked DX like K8AZ, CR3X, V26K and
EY8MM, he was booming. EY wasn't an ATNO for but only the third time I worked
EY, it gave me confidence. Suprised to work 3B8M in a pile-up, that was an ATNO
for me. Worked them on 3 bands. 20m and 15m easily! Heard them even on 10m.
I switched to 80m because I had to, still enough on 40m, but all bands means
check everything... Soon I worked VY2TT, happy with that but I worked VA in the
past severall times on 80m, not that much, but he is also a big gun. Didn't knew
at that point I would do so unbelievable things on 80m. W1KM was the first USA
on that band. Went back to 40m and then I worked more USA then usuall. Did all
the time S&P and switched constantly. Highlight of the morning was to work
9G5FI on 80m, easily, one call and in the log! First time I worked that part of
Africa on 80m! USA and VE kept coming on 80m around 5-6 UTC couldn't believe my
eyes...
Around 8 UTC I went to 20m wanted to see if far east was active. Worked the
usuall big guns from UA9. JA7ZFN was logged followed by 5Z4VJ on 15m, band was
quiet on that point but happy I did check fo multipliers!
Went back to 80m and 40m and worked again USA and VE. After that I became more a
Europe and Russia contest but normall at that point of the day. Checked also ten
meters, but only some EA and I in the log.
Quiet soon 20m opened to USA and VE and all the stations I worked on 80m and 40m
coul find there way in my log. Deiniftly more in the afternoon every qso I
logged was DX, couldn't believe my eyes.
Around midnight I went to bed for some hours, had more then 1000 qso's in the
log, so goal one was achieved. Was so happy with that score and even more with
the quality of the qso's.
Slept an hour longer then planned, snoozing isn't the smartest thing in a
contest ;-). After 6 hours sleept went again to 40m and 80m and it was the same
thing of saturday! Called CQ on 80m and USA came back, my states on LOTW will
make some progress!
Went sooner to 20m and 15m and heard almost all far east but was a bit
'frustrating' heard a lot but couldn't work it. Hard to break pile-ups. BD7DT
was a new highlight, was calling lonely CQ on 15m and worked him easily. FR4 was
followed, the zone multipliers were rising.
Can I say sunday was even better to USA and VE? Had the feeling that there was
no ending... Around 20 UTC I was still working USA on 20m ater again a good
S&P run on 15m.
In between I checked from time to time 10m, happy the worked CR3DX and company
and a surpising PR5B. It doesn't give me the same eeling like working 9G5 on
80m, but this type of qso's keeps you motivated.
The end of the contest was on 40m. Heard again JA but couldn't work them, my
'friend' BD7DT instead again lonely and first call in the log! Not that easy for
me to work China.

After 1500 tiredness hit, pressure was of and hadn't the energy to go again to
80m. W1FJ was my last qso, USA what else ;-)!

Summary!
1. Achieved both of my goals! More then 750 qso's in 1 day and more then 1300
qso's in the end. 1500 qso's is completly crazy!
2. Before this contest I had 40k qso's in the log, 3k of them were USA. During
this contest I logged 382 USA...
3. More then 1/3 was DX, normally I can be happy with 10%.
4. 15 zones on 80m was unexpected!
5. Did 95% S&P and I worked this contest, the reason why I worked more DX.
6. My average is 38 qso's/h, more then satisfied with that! Jut sundayevening
the usual feeling that I worked everybody!
7. Worked 23 zones overall.

Fifth time I went over 1000 qso's, third time in CW. This was only my second all
band attempt in cw, so don't know if the conditions like last weekend were
special or not. Anyway am enjoying the moment!
After my post contest post of the CQ WW RTTY (80m QRP) LY5W called that effort
'Sadomazochism'. After this contest I can place that quote even more... 27h for
333 qso's. Anyway like to have some plaques at my call so time to time I will do
that efforts once again. Was by the way nice that some stations congratulate my
or my QRP scores in the past. Always nice to receive soms compliments.

Time to think for some next goals and yeah check LOTW or my awards and states!

Big thanks to everyone or the qso's, felt like the best contest ever!

73

Pieter ON3DI
ft897, 25w, vertical for 40-20-15, dipole for 80m and 10m