[3830] CQWW CW N4XD SOSB160 Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4XD SOSB160 Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 00:58:18 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: SOSB160 HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  154    17       49
------------------------------

Club: SMTIHCHART ARS

Comments:

I'd say medium conditions. QRN, QSB with storms off our east coast made it,
well, interesting. I found it impossible to get any kind of run going. Each time
I tried I'd get a few DX callers and an equal, or greater, number of Us callers.
Not like zone 5 is rare.....

Good check out of station. Found issue with cw settings making my cw extremely
choppy. Hard to believe anyone could copy it. Fortunately a buddy let me know
and I was able to change settings to fix issue. Then Saturday evening found a
front end protector went bad and was acting as a 10 to 15db attenuator. Removed
and band came back to life.

Some highlights: TK0C was ALWAYS loud. Same with 3B8M. Amazing signals. Did
hear, both mornings, RW0A but could never get his attention. Even heard a JA
working him. Only Ja I heard all contest. Sunday morning heard RM0F who was
pretty loud. Couldn't get his attention either. Did find ZM4T and worked him
pretty easily. Was called by KH6LC who worked very hard to help me get his call.
THANK YOU for that!!

Otherwise a pretty medium contest. Played some on 10 which started opening early
(1230Z) but never opened widely.

Equipment:
Anan 7000dle
alpha 91b
Phased towers for transmit
Couple long beverages plus 8 antenna circle array
N1MM+