[3830] CQWW SSB OM7RU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OM7RU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 00:25:54 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 43:25
Radios: SO2R

  160:  202     5       40
   80:  331    14       56
   40:  942    24       85
   20:  824    27       79
   15:  562    26       65
   10:  139    17       38
------------------------------

Club: OM0M DOZEN DASHES CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

The first SSB contest with two radios + two PAs in HP category.

Low bands in good shape on Saturday, then nicely opened 15m and 20m to NA. 10m
with good activity, but I wasn't able to produce pileup. Quite long opening of
20m. Sunday conditions went down. 10m of opening to various mults directions,
but stil rare QSOs during my CQ. Also 20m and 15m with less rates than on
Saturday.

I had two nice pileups, but of cca 50% of dupes. Then I asked fifth dupe STN in
a row: "Which station are you calling?". Interesting answer:
"M7RUO". Please, never call cluster, call live station! None of these
5 dupes listened who they are calling. Long minutes of explaining my real
callsign :)

Second not so funny experiance: Bands are still more and more full of stations,
spletters, QRMs. There was not easy to find the place to start calling CQ. Just
place, where the QRM is acceptably low.

It looks like web SDRs are more and more used in both, DXing and contesting.
Will see, how responsibles are going to react.

Summarised, another nice weekend. I'm still able to work more than 43 hours. I
broke my personal CQ WW SSB records. Good motivation to improve station. Idea of
replacing K9AY loops with more efective RX system.

Thanks to all who contesting!
CU in CW!

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field