[3830] CQWW SSB M6T M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4piq@btinternet.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB M6T M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 19:57:25 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: M6T
Operator(s): M0MDR G2NF G4MJS M0TGV G4PIQ G7TWC G4BUO G0VJG PT2FM G0JJG M0HKB
G0AEV M0HKB G0WCW M0BCT G4ADM
Station: M6T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JO02RF

  160:   679    10       59
   80:  2213    22       98
   40:  3986    36      135
   20:  2402    39      141
   15:  2047    38      134
   10:  1749    35      128
-------------------------------

It was fantastic to be back together as a team after 2 years absence from the
contest. The team did lots of work across a few weekends and days before the
contest to get things back working again and the station worked pretty well
with
only a few minor issues.

Conditions on HF were much better than we have seen for many years, with life
really returning to 15m and 10m. Sunday afternoon on 10m was quite remarkable
when it opened to the US with Keiron, M0HKB having back to back clock hours of
254 and 165, and a 'non clock hour' of 295 - amazing.

LF was more average, and 160m distinctly hard work - though our receive system
is very much a big work-in-progress by Tony, G2NF, and 160m operation was
somewhat disturbed by much re-configuring of the Rx antennas to try and improve
the noise floor. Hopefully we now know how to get it right for the CW leg.

Overall available multipliers were down on 'normal' levels - but I assume that's
an indication that travelling is not yet straightforward everywhere.

40m seemed to be fairly bottomless and I was disappointed to just miss making
4000 QSOs.

We pushed hard on day 1 in case the CME arrived and destroyed conditions, but
thankfully the impact was minor. As an example - on 40m signals went a bit
fluttery and weak to the US for a couple of hours, but then rebounded to deliver
a 204 non-clock hour around 0100 to the US on the second night.

Thankfully, during setting up time, the weather was beautiful - but
waterproofing was thoroughly tested on the Saturday with torrential rain which
left standing water all weekend on the ground, and on Sunday the winds were
much
stronger than originally forecast. Our lightweight fibreglass pole based full
size 3 element yagi for 40m turned some very odd shapes and went vertically
polarized on the tilt plate - but thankfully it survived.

Thanks for all the QSOs, and we look forward to seeing you in the CW leg.

73,

Andy, G4PIQ for Team M6T

160m : Ops : G2NF, M0MDR, M0BCT, G4BUO
K3 + FT1000MP + Acom 2000
26m tall T + Inv-V Dipole @ 28m
180m Beverages NW, SE, NNE/SSW. 3 element Rx array NW/SE.

80m : Ops : G4BUO, G4MJS, G4TSH, M0TGV
K3 + FT1000MP + Ten Tec Titan
4sq + Inv-V Dipole @ 20m
180m Beverages NW, SE. 3 element Rx array NW/SE.

40m : Ops : G4PIQ, G7TWC
2 x K3 + Ten Tec Titan
3el @ 30m + 402CD @ 30m
180m Beverages NW, SE, NNE/SSW, Dipole @ 10m

20m : Ops : G0VJG, G4BUO, G0WCW, G7TWC, G4TSH, M0TGV, M0HKB
2 x K3 + Acom 2000
204CD @ 30m + 204CD @ 30m

15m : Ops : PT2FM, G0JJG
K3 + FT1000MP + Ten Tec Titan