[3830] CQWW SSB C4W(5B4WN) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB C4W(5B4WN) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 18:12:19 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: C4W
Operator(s): 5B4WN
Station: 5B4WN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: England
Operating Time (hrs): 42.5
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

  160:   41     4       20
   80:  234     8       42
   40: 1145    18       71
   20:  846    26       81
   15: 1332    24       78
   10: 1043    24       63
------------------------------

Club: Nicosia Contest Group

Comments:

Although I was looking forward to this as I wanted to try my improved remote
setup,  I managed to get an injury to my right hip two days before the contest
so I didnt have the ability to test everything thoroughly. Also a bug in the
smartSDR for ios meant that I couldnt use voicekeying at all. DL8MRE managed to
fix this for me and with apple pushing the update on Friday at 2300 GMT, I maxed
out on painkillers and sat on the chair ready to operate and boy it was so much
fun! The sunspots brought the spectrum to life.

I operated the whole contest from my ipad remotely and was using maestro for the
knobs! My recent fiber-fiber upgrade (Thanks to 5B4AHZ for this) meant that my
audio latency was around 70ms which was excellent. My remote amp interface for
my two amps and a few other things was also super responsive and VA6AM HP BPFs
and LBS triplexer worked a treat! My first proper remoter SO2R operation and
perhaps my best remote score.

Although the antenna farm is very mediocre, there were reasonably good pileups.
80 and 160 my signal is poor. I could do better of course but perhaps I can
focus on technique in years to come. Still 3million down from 10 years ago....

Many thanks to all those who called me and hope to work you in 4 weeks in CQ WW
CW

73s
Marios