[3830] CQWW SSB S57AL(@A57AL) SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB S57AL(@A57AL) SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 10:43:52 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: S57AL
Operator(s): S57AL
Station: A57AL

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: Domžale
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

   40: 3632    35      117
------------------------------
Total: 3632    35      117  Total Score = 918,840

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

What a weekend! After the successful SOSB 2019 competition on 80m, this year the
thoughts were focused on a new adventure. In mid-September, after brief
interview with Goran S55OO, the decision was made. Again SB 40m after 13 years
and try to break my personal S5 record from 2008!

There wasn’t exactly a spare time, as there were only five weekends left until
CQ WW, of which three were already occupied and work on antennas had to be
started immediately. Only a tower of suitable height was available 😊,
everything else was new! Of course, all this during the regular working schedule
during the week until 5 pm, which means that there is only about 2 hours/day
left on a bright day for antenna project.

Two main directions (NW and NE) 2x 4. el. QUAD + 4.SQ for other directions.
A.p. for NW was at 60m and for NE at 30m.

It was also necessary to realize the desire for inband with a vertical, which
was 200m away from the TX antennas.

The antennas were set up until 17.10., The following weekend was reserved for a
break with the better half and of course gathering strength for the upcoming
WW.

Unfortunately, a severe cold occurred, culminating two days before the
competition. Of course, the first test that it is not COVID. Test was
negative😊.

The competition itself went as expected, at least the first 24 hours when there
were 2,500 connections in the log. Unfortunately, I already knew before that the
course of the competition will be strongly influenced by AURORA, but that's just
the way it is.

The S5 record was reached, of course, before reviewing the log!

There was something new for me! In this contest, rare stations came to me on my
CQ for which I had spent quite some time in the past years to get in line 😊!
Several double mult. Thank you all for the QSOs and see you in the next one. If
luck will be on my side, with team TK0C.

I would like to thank you S53RM, S53WW, S55OO, S52NJ ... for their help in
realizing the project.