[3830] CQWW SSB W3HKK SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W3HKK SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 14:31:23 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: W3HKK
Operator(s): W3HKK
Station: W3HKK

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: OHIO

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:  105    23       55
   20:  113    22       49
   15:  118    23       59
   10:   95    17       42
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Two days prior to contest my 160/80m inverted L's both hanging in the same tree
would up shorting out each other.  So  this was  just a 40-10m effort rather
than  an all band effort.

BUT surprisingly good cndx on 10-15m added to the fun. At last a contest with
10, 15, 20, and 40m all producing  about the same number of OSOs!

Unfortunately, at 10:30am Sat  the house suffered a momentary power outage.
That disrupted N1MM+ and I lost the contents. I was stunned and out of the
contest. What to do next?   Over a period of five hours I gradually learned how
to  reconstruct my log.  Then when  I noticed N1MM+ lost track of  my 7610's
frequency and band input, I   staggered through various menu options and
slooowly got the software working again.  BUT I had lost  FIVE precious hours
troubleshooting,   which were also prime time on 10-15-20m!

Then once back OTA, I  was relieved but also  burned out so I took a short nap.
Five hours later I woke up and  had missed what looked to be a good JA opening.

Unfortunately, as good as the bands were, Day 2  produced just 3 JA's on 15m to
go with 3 JA's on 40m  on Sat morning.

Best DX:  BG6SNJ on 20m, FR4KR (Reunion)  on 10m, VK6N and VK9DX (Norfolk) on
40m.
Highlights:  10m!!!! Nice VK activity on 40m  Sat morning.
Biggest Disappointments:  Lack of JA/Asia on all bands despite seemingly good
cndx.

And as a special bonus, just by following the skip, my QSO totals  on all four
bands I operated were almost the same!