[3830] CQWW SSB K5FUV SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K5FUV SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 13:14:13 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: K5FUV
Operator(s): K5FUV
Station: K5FUV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): 30:39

  160:
   80:   28    14       16
   40:   47    15       31
   20:  202    24       71
   15:  231    27       69
   10:  168    18       45
------------------------------

Club: Arkansas DX Association

Comments:

Ant: Hex@ 50Ft
40: Vertical
80: Vertical
YCCC circle RX ant.

FTdx101MP@ 100 watts

Friday night couldn't get anything going on 15 or 20. Normally I work a lot of
80m early, but couldn't get through to the usual suspects, even though I could
hear stuff like M6T at S9 on the meter, but he couldn't hear me. 40 wasn't good
for me either, so I packed it in at about 03:00Z. Up a little later than normal,
I found 20 and 15 to be in reasonable shape, so proceeded to S&P through the
bands. 10 was better than it's been, so I was actually having fun, but no chance
for runs. When the conditions improve, the pack gets a little (or maybe a lot)
thicker, so no open spots for a peanut whistle.

80 was still pretty punk Saturday night, so again, early to bed. Up a lot
earlier, worked what I needed to work on 80 and 40, so spent the rest of Sunday
prowling the high bands. 10 meters was really, really good. Not like the
70"s or 80's, but Europe was in with 20 over signals for hours. The band
was open to somewhere until the end of the contest. Not runable the whole
weekend for me, but still good. Did accelerate the process of my hearing loss
though. I'm realizing that I'm starting to like CW contests more, even though
I'm not a CW op.

The deer took down the 160 antenna last spring. If one has something the deer
can destroy, one needs to consider a better one. Something to work on for the
next month.

Found a bug in the new N1MM software for FTdx101 control, wherein it takes the
second VFO and does things with it that it shouldn't do. My apologies to those
on 15 meters hearing my calls while I was trying to call something on 20 because
of this bug.