[3830] NAQP CW NU5A(@W5KU) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5gn80@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NU5A(@W5KU) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 09:02:05 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: NU5A
Operator(s): K5GN K5WA
Station: W5KU

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: STX

  160:   76    33
   80:  263    54
   40:  592    59
   20:  720    59
   15:  235    49
   10:   54    26
-------------------
Total: 1940   280  Total Score = 543,200

Club: Texas DX Society

Team:

Comments:

This was a "hobo" multi-op, with just K5WA and K5GN ops and a last
minute transformation of the W5KU station from single-op to multi-op
configuration.  We had hoped to get K5GA and N5XZ over here but GA was too wiped
out by medical treatment this week and XZ is distancing strictly.

Nice to have sporadic E on 10/15 when people are actually on 10/15, though it
never seems to be as good in August as it can be during FD, with up and down
signals and narrower openings.  Great rates at first and steady up until the
last hour.  The low bands were really noisy down here and signals were just
starting to come out of the noise at the end.  Sorry to those who called on
160/80 that we just couldn't pull out.  A direct hit lightning strike in early
June appears to have damaged some parts of the beverage system - just didn't
seem to have pattern and noise reduction like they used to and we didn't realize
it ahead of time...also started some new ISI problems with 80/40/20...more
repair work...

K5WA struggled a little with unfamiliarity with Win-Test, but did a great job in
spite of it.  We needed another two hours of setup time to customize it to work
more like the way he expected as an N1MM+ user. Maybe it will come together
better the next time we try this.

73

Dave K5GN
Bob K5WA