[3830] IARU K0RF(W0UA) SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K0RF(W0UA) SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 14:09:59 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: K0RF
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: K0RF

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 22
Radios: SO2R

  160:     6    0       5       0
   80:    77    0      11       5
   40:   575    0      29      26
   20:  1114    0      33      34
   15:   529    0      19      16
   10:   290    0      12       3
-------------------------------------
Total:  2591    0     109      84  Total Score = 1,673,503

Charlie & family had a volleyball tournament up in the high country, so he
gave me the opportunity to come up & play radio.  Neither of us has used the
full setup lately--both of us pretty consumed with summertime
activities--volleyball for Chuck & golf for me. So, IARU, then. Everyone
works everyone, battle royal, all customers served.  Gotta' love a good
ol'-fashioned bar room brawl.

Got off to a rather, um, inauspicious start when I couldn't hear almost anything
on 40M.  My cell goes off & it's a buddy in Zone 26 telling me I'm plenty
loud, stations are calling, I'm CQ'ing in their faces! Houston, we have a
problem.  After some fumbling, I got off the NE Beverage & back to RX on
Chuck's 3 el ICBM. Duh!  Things got better after that--a few technical issues
(& some human ones, too)--but they were minor disruptors, not
show-stoppers.

As I was leaving for home Sunday AM, Mr.& Ms. Buck & Doe were
shepherding the Deer family across Chuck's driveway. Mr. Buck looks at me &
says, "That Beverage-thing on 40 was pretty stupid."  To which I
replied, "Put a sock in it & keep walking before I make you a hood
ornament." A talking buck deer? Maybe that was just post-contest
hallucinating?  Like, when you flush a toilet & hear a thousand JA's
calling?

In keeping with tradition, I played 18 (woozy) holes of golf Sunday afternoon. I
walk in the clubhouse to pay for the round & the counter-guy says, "You
know, that Beverage-thing on 40 at the start was pretty stupid."  Arrggh!

Thanks Chuck, hope everyone had fun, thanks for the QSO's, etc., etc...

Geo