[3830] WPX CW N1RM SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N1RM SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 21:51:02 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N1RM
Operator(s): N1RM
Station: N1RM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First CQ contest with full BIC time. I really needed to spend more time in CW
contests, so I met that goal. I also set a low bar of 1000 Qs and met that
thankfully. The mayhem on the first evening kind of blew me away, so I need to
get more sleep ahead of these long contests. 20 was amazing. It almost didn't
matter where the beam was pointed -I was working everywhere. I was glad I had
the beam when 3D2AG popped up on the cluster. He came right up out of the noise
as I spun the beam and it was a pretty easy contact(ATNO for me).  Without the
band multipliers I stayed on 20m most of the time until 40M became usable. I
switched to 40 as early as possible to get the extra QSO points.  I still feel
like a real newbie, but each contest I learn a little more. It was fun to be
able to run even though I stayed around 28WPM when doing so.  Fortunately this
contest is designed to exactly emulate MorseRunner :).
Thanks for all the Qs.  I had a blast!

Rick
N1RM
K3s (K4 is due back from Rob Sherwood next week)
ACOM A2000A
SteppIR DB18e at 70'
OCF Dipole at 35' (need to work on wires this summer)